Current Affairs 6th December 2017 – Current Affairs, current affairs 2017, current affairs in Hindi, gktoday current affairs, current affairs quiz, latest current affairs, daily current affairs, current affairs today, today current affairs. Here we update Current Affairs 6th December 2017, Current Affairs. Current affairs today, GK today. Current Affairs 6th December 2017 current affairs. So daily check out our website to get latest current affairs. Bookmark our website for latest govt. jobs, private bank jobs, also we provide regarding jobs & exam. you can easily find latest & upcoming govt jobs. So check out below for latest Current Affairs Current Affairs 6th December 2017.
Current Affairs 6th December 2017
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission held its first meeting at North Block in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Shri N.K. Singh and was attended by all the other Members of the Commission.
- The largest-ever floating solar power plant in India inaugurated by state power minister MM Man at the Banasura Sagar dam in Wayanad.
- Indian-American California senator Kamala Harris topped the prestigious Foreign Policy magazine’s 2017 list of ’50 Leading Global Thinkers’ which also features US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley.
- The Indian government allowed over 1,300 Buddhist refugees from Myanmar’s Rakhine region to enter Mizoram. The refugees fled Rakhine due to the ongoing war between the Myanmar’s Army and the Arakan Army, comprising Buddhist insurgents instructed to Additional police, health workers and doctors have also been deployed for the refugees.
- In Assam, the 6th International Tourism Mart 2017 began in Guwahati. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi, Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal and Union Tourism minister K L Alphons will attend the inaugural program this evening.
- The United States of America pulled out of UN Global Compact on Migration. It has argued that Obama-era negotiated UN compact process deal contains numerous provisions that inconsistent with country’s immigration and refugee policies and Trump Administration’s immigration principles. Its genesis can be found in New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants adopted in September 2016 by UN General Assembly.
- UAE Armed Forces along with the UK, US and French armies are participating in joint exercises in Abu Dhabi. The drill code is named as “Flag4”.
Banking and Business
- Paytm Payments Bank rolled out Paytm FASTag to enable electronic toll fee collection on highways across the country, in line with the government’s move to make FASTag mandatory on every new vehicle sold from December 1.
- The Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Board of Directors approved debt financing and partial risk guarantees totalling $583 million to develop the Reliance Bangladesh Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Power Project
- Technology giant Google launched a lightweight Android Oreo Go edition operating system designed for devices with RAM up to 1 GB. According to Google, the Android Go offers 30% faster startup time and up to 2 times optimisation of storage space.
Sports and Entertainment
- British singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding signed as a Global Goodwill Ambassador for UN Environment, joining the fight to save the lives and habitats of people and animals by cleaning up our air and seas, fighting climate change and protecting species.
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan launched a book based on Indian cinema in showbiz capital Mumbai. The book, titled ‘Bollywood: The Films! The Songs! The Stars!’, is a coffee table book, which provides historical insights, lesser-known facts and behind-the-scenes exclusives of the most iconic movies made in the history of the Indian film industry.
- World Soil Day is observed on 6th December across the world. The 2017 Theme for World Soil Day is ‘Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground’.